T.Y. Lin International (TYLI) is a full-service, professional engineering firm focused on the planning, design, and construction of infrastructure solutions for public and private clients worldwide. The firm is an internationally recognized pioneer in solving the most difficult engineering challenges. Headquartered in San Francisco, California for over 65 years, TYLI has more than 3,200 professionals throughout the Americas, Asia, and Europe. TYLI is a member of Dar Group, a global, privately-owned professional services group, and its industry-leading family of Global Infrastructure companies.
The Client Experience and Strategic Pursuits Manager is responsible for leading and executing the client experience and strategic pursuits program for the assigned sector. This role will work closely in collaboration with sector P&L leadership, business developers, and seller-doers to develop and implement client-focused marketing and pursuit strategies.
- Partner with the Director, Client Experience & Strategic Pursuits to assist in leading annual marketing & business development planning process for assigned sector in coordination with sector leadership.
- Work closely with account managers, business developers, sector leadership, and internal teams to identify key strategies to maximize impact of client engagement campaigns to meet sales objectives and sector goals.
- Develop and drive execution of client growth plans focused on business impact and competitive differentiation.
- Manage annual client satisfaction program for sector including surveys and working with sector leadership to address the findings & feedback.
- Support training for technical staff on process and practices related to winning work.
- Work with market sector leaders, regional leaders, and marketing/communications leaders in the creation of marketing campaigns and promotional material associated with new client development and existing client engagement.
- Support thought leadership activities for the assigned sector, working closely with the global communications team to execute.
- Collaborate with the GI Pillar Director of Client Experience and Strategic Pursuits to share lessons learned, challenges, and successes across sectors and sister companies.
- Develop sales reports focused on metrics such as sales, win rates, backlog, etc.
- Drive adoption, use, and regular updates of CRM for assigned sector.
- Drive capture planning efforts and process for sector's key/strategic pursuits, including pre-positioning activities, win strategy development, zippering/relationship mapping, and teaming partner identification.
- Ensure capture of lessons learned on strategic pursuits from client feedback; both for successes to ensure that we can repeat success with other pursuits by embedding best practices and review of losses, to ensure that we address the reasons for not being successful.
- Maintain and update library of assigned sector's marketing materials including, but not limited to, SOQs, pitch decks, resumes, project descriptions, and boilerplate text.
- Ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders – internally & externally to the organization.
- Experience in AEC industry preferred preferably in the transportation sector.
- 7+ years marketing, proposal development, or business development experience.
- Proven experience in crafting and implementing client experience and/or winning work strategies in line with the firm's growth objectives.
- Ability to influence and manage change efforts.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills, including working under tight deadlines for multiple internal clients.
- Passion for research and analysis, with strong analytical skills.
- Comfortable working with both internal and external clients.
- Strong leadership and the ability to manage and inspire team members.
- Strong technical skills, in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Deltek CRM system preferred.
- Client focused, always striving to give clients the best solutions.
- Strong commitment to innovation by creating new and better ways to solve clients' toughest challenges.
- High levels of integrity, always doing the right thing in an ethical, fair, and sustainable way.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate in a diverse and inclusive team, working together toward technical excellence.
T.Y. Lin International is an equal opportunity employer and we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type as protected by federal, state, or local laws. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. The Company requires that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit to weekly COVID-19 testing prior to attending any Company or client locations or events, unless an applicable accommodation is approved on the basis of protected grounds such as disability (e.g.: for medical reasons), religion, or sincerely held belief (or creed).